9 Easy Ways to Get Completely Free Baby Diapers
Are you aware that on average, a baby will go through ten diapers every single day? By around age three, most parents will have shelled out over $2,000 buying over 8,500 diapers for their child. That’s insane! But don’t worry, today we’re going to share with you 9 easy ways to get free baby diapers.
Since diapers are such a big financial drain, we decided to come up with our best methods and diaper assistance programs for getting either free diapers, cheap diapers or free diaper samples. The links in the post below may be affiliate links. Read the full disclosure.
How to Get Free Baby Diapers
1. Sign Up for Free Diaper Samples Online
Many diaper manufacturers will send you free diapers if you simply fill out a request form on their website. We realize this isn’t a long-term solution to finding cheap diapers, but you can at least get a week’s worth of diapers with this method.
- Everyday Happy: You will receive a free box of bamboo wipes and premium diapers.
- Grove Collaborative: They charge a shipping fee, but will send you free diapers and wipes.
- Honest Company: You’ll get 10 wipes and 7 free diaper samples.
- Simply Right: They periodically change the quanity, but they will send you diaper samples.
- Little Huggies: You’ll receive a sample of wipes and free baby diapers.
2. Join the Pampers Gifts to Grow Program
When you join Pamper’s Gifts to Grow, you’ll get points towards free baby diapers every time you purchase Pampers’ brand products. Here’s how it works: When you buy a Pampers product, you will need to enter a code that can be found on the packaging into the Gifts to Grow website. You will receive points for each code entered. These points can be redeemed for various items or used to enter sweepstakes for prizes, including free diapers.
3. Try the National Diaper Bank
If you find yourself in need of more free baby diapers than free samples can provide, then look into the National Diaper Bank Network. This diaper bank is a non-profit company that works to provide low-income families with free and cheap diapers.
Diaper assistance programs like this are a great option for those in financial hardship, especially since WIC and other government assistance programs don’t provide these families with diapers and other non-food necessities. The NDBN can provide help with obtaining all diaper sizes, even size 7 diapers.
4. Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
Amazon usually has the best deals on cheap diapers, so it makes sense to find ways to get free Amazon gift cards that you can redeem for free diapers. Some of the easiest ways to get free Amazon gift cards is to join an online rewards/GPT site, trade in old, unused items, perform online tasks, complete surveys or join cashback programs.
We compiled some of the best methods for earning Amazon gift cards below:
- Amazon Trade-In: Amazon has its own program that will give you gift cards in return for sending them certain items you no longer use. They pay the shipping, so you have no out of pocket costs. Sought after items include electronics, movies, tablets, mobile phones and textbooks.
- Gazelle: This is another site that accepts used electronics. They’ll pay you via Amazon gift card or Paypal for phones, tablets, computers and other devices if they’re in good condition.
- InboxDollars: Fill out surveys and answer consumer questionnaires. Most members earn around $10 in Amazon gift cards each month.
- Swagbucks: If you aren’t already a member of Swagbucks, you should consider joining. They are a site that allows you to earn points for doing surveys, watching videos, playing games and more. Those points can be redeemed for gift cards and many other things.
- MyPoints: They are much like Swagbucks, so if you have time to rack up points on both sites, you can increase the number of gift cards that you receive.
- PrizeRebel: Another site that lets you earn and redeem points. However, PrizeRebel allows you to use your points themselves to order items from Amazon! They also have great member support if you ever need help.
- RecycleBank: This rewards site is different because they reward you for learning about recycling. You earn points by reading eco-friendly articles. The points can then be redeemed for Amazon gift cards.
- Mechanical Turk: Amazon actually owns and operates Mechanical Turk. It’s a site where you can complete various virtual tasks for money. The money is sent to your Amazon Payments account, where you can then choose to spend it on Amazon or withdraw it to your own bank account.
- Opinion Outpost: A reputable site that rewards you for completing consumer surveys.
- Vindale Research: Also rewards you for completing market research surveys.
- CashCrate: One of the oldest rewards sites. They pay you for doing surveys, watching videos and completing tasks. They dont directly pay out in gift cards, but you can withdraw your earnings to your bank account.
- Fatwallet: This site will let you know about any promos, coupons or discounts on baby diapers and any other item you purchase online. It’s worth checking into periodically if you want to save a few bucks here and there.
- Amazon Visa Card: If you get Amazon’s own visa card, each purchase you make will earn 1% cash back. Amazon purchases will earn you 3% cash back. That’s like having a built-in discount every time you make a purchase. You also get a $50 Amazon gift card for getting the card!
- Bing Rewards: Join Bing’s reward program and they’ll award you points when you use their search engine. You can redeem the points for Amazon gift cards, among other things.
5. Try Switching to Cloth Diapers
Many parents have discovered just how much money can be saved by using cloth diapers. Since you can re-use the diapers multiple times, it can often result in savings of $1000 or more. Diaper Junction is the leading authority on cloth diapers. Visit their website to learn more. You’ll find that they have fairly cheap cloth diapers and are a reliable cloth diaper store.
6. Become an Ambassador for The Honest Company
If you have an influential social media presence or are just good at recommending things to your family and friends, then sign up to be an ambassador for The Honest Company. Through their referral program, you will get paid $20 every time your referral purchases diapers or other items from The Honest Company. You can then use your earnings to purchase diapers, essentially for free.
7. Join Promotional Programs for Cheap Diapers
In an attempt to earn loyal customers, many brands offer promotional programs that will send you coupons and free baby diapers. It’s always a good practice to visit the websites of your favorite baby brands. You never know what coupons and promos you may miss out on otherwise. Here are just a few you can join:
8. Get Free Baby Diapers and Supplies from Target or Amazon Baby Registry
Both Amazon and Target have pretty awesome baby registries. Amazon Baby Registry will send you a welcome box full of goodies worth at least $35. Target’s Baby Registry will send you a gift bag full of around $60 worth of coupons and samples! The exact items that you’ll receive can vary, but they’re sure to be items that you and your baby will enjoy. Both registries are free to join and each have their pros and cons.
Read our guide on Finding the Best Baby Registry to learn more about what each registry has to offer.
9. You Could Stop Using Diapers Altogether
Believe it or not, there are parents out there who raise their children diaper-free. It’s becoming increasingly popular since it saves so much money. But of course, it has obvious downsides that need to be considered. Click here to learn more about going diaper free at GoDiaperFree.com
What do you think of our tips to get free baby diapers? Do you have any diaper assistance programs to add that we missed? Feel free to let us know!