Decorating the baby’s nursery, picking out baby gear, holding your baby shower (or sprinkle), and choosing a name for your little one are all exciting ventures that you will be doing during your pregnancy. Getting free baby stuff in the process is certainly a welcome bonus!
This post may contain affiliate links. Products or services purchased after clicking these links may earn a commission for this website’s owner. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Babies are cute and lovely miracles, but unfortunately, raising a little one can get costly. Clothing babies alone is a challenge because they grow at a rapid rate the first two years of their lives.
According to Parents.com, you could be spending about $2,448 a year, which is about $50 per week for your baby on food, formula, diapers, and wipes.
However, there’s no need to fear! We researched the Internet to find many resources that you can use to get free baby items. You can always feel rest assured that your little one’s needs and wants fulfilled without you have to break the bank by taking advantage of these free resources.
In your free time, search for and sign up for these free resources and money saving perks to get you ready for your baby’s arrival. Once your baby has arrived, you can:
- Try the free diaper and wipes samples to see which brand is your favorite.
- Try the free formula to see which one your baby likes best (unless you are breastfeeding).
- Learn where to get free items for your baby throughout his or her infancy and toddlerhood.
Free Baby Box Giveaways
- Amazon Family: Join Amazon Family to get 20% off diapers and wipes when you do the Subscribe & Save promotion. You can get a free baby box when you join.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Create a free baby registry when you shop in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond to get a free baby welcome kit filled with baby samples.
- buybuy Baby: Sign up for a baby registry at BuyBuy Baby in-store to get a free sample bag with baby items and coupons.
- Medela: If you are choosing to breastfeed your infant, you can get free breast pump and breast care samples from Medela.
- Target: Receive a free welcome kit ($100 value) when you sign up for a Target baby registry.
- Walmart: Get a free welcome box with samples from brands such as Huggies, Dreft, and Dr. Brown’s when you sign up for a Walmart baby registry.
Free Baby Food
- Spoonful One: Get a free sample of Spoonful One baby food via their website.
- WIC: You can also get free baby food jars on WIC every month for your baby. You can customize with fruit, vegetable, and meat purees. They even give you vouchers for you to get free baby cereal.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Sign up for this program to get one free age appropriate book sent to your home for your little one.
- Early Moments: When you sign up for Early Moments, your first shipment of books are free along with a small, free gift such as a book bag. You can choose to continue with the monthly book subscription, or you can just cancel before your free trial ends to get only the freebies.
Free Diapers and Wipes
- Community Centers: Check your local community center for diaper and wipes giveaways that you can sign up to get on a monthly basis.
- Diaper Companies: Give diaper companies a call such as Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, Seventh Generation, Bamboo, or The Honest Co. State that you are thinking about switching diapers for your little one, and you may just receive some free diaper samples.
- National Diaper Bank Network: Call the National Diaper Bank Network to have them help you connect to resources in your local area for free diapers and wipes.
- Enfamil Family Beginnings: Sign up for this program to get $400 worth of formula samples and valuable Enfamil coupons sent to your home.
- Local Hospital: Ask your hospital for free formula samples during your stay in the hospital after your baby is born.
- Pediatrician: When you visit your local pediatrician for your infant’s checkups, you can pick a free formula sample usually located next to the receptionist’s desk. Check your local pediatrician for more details.
- Nature’s Own: Get a free 12.7 oz. formula sample from Nature’s Own to see if your infant likes the taste.
- WIC: If you meet the income requirements, you can get free formula for your baby every month.
Rewards Programs to Get Free Baby Stuff
- Huggies: Sign up for the Huggies Rewards app. Scan your grocery receipt showing your Huggies diapers and wipes purchase to get points on your account. You can redeem those points on free toys, diapers, wipes, and more. When you sign up, you get a free 500 points.
- Motherhood Perks: Join Motherhood Maternity’s Motherhood perks for free baby samples, coupons, and other frees. When you join the program while you are shopping at a Motherhood Maternity store in-store or online, you will receive a free sample bag with your first maternity clothes purchase.
- MyGerber: Sign up for MyGerber to get free bibs, formula samples, baby food samples, and more!
- Pampers: Sign up for the Pampers Rewards Program. Find the codes on packs of Pampers diapers and wipes. Enter them into the loyalty program app and save up your points to redeem on baby stuff.
- Similac StrongMoms Rewards: When you sign up for StrongMoms, you can get up to $400 in free baby items, a free Shutterfly book, and free formula samples.
- Your Baby Club: Sign up for Your Baby Club to get awesome free baby samples sent to your home and be connected to other free resources.
Tips for Saving Money on Baby Stuff
Once you have exhausted all the free options that you can find, there are a few addional ways to save money on what your baby needs.
- ibotta: Download ibotta and check the Kids & Babies section for rotating rebates on formula, pacifiers, sippy cups, baby food, and more.
- Fetch Rewards: Receive points back on your purchases of Huggies products. There are occasionally promos for even more money back on Huggies and Goodnites in the Special Offers section.
- Coupons.com: Download the Coupons.com for access to digital coupons at your local favorite retailers. Sometimes there are digital coupons for baby items.
- Coupon Inserts in the Mail: Check the coupon inserts for baby coupons whenever you receive weekly store flyers in your mailbox.
- Newspaper Coupons: Most newspapers have the RetailMeNot and SmartSource coupon inserts included in the Sunday paper on a weekly basis. The SmartSource insert usually has Huggies diapers, pull-ups, and wipes coupons. Look for the Proctor and Gamble (P&G) coupon insert at the end of each month for coupons on Pampers diapers and wipes.